EU autum Bulb and seed exchange open for donations

Started by Uli, August 17, 2024, 05:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uli

Dear Members living in the EU,

The autumn Bulb and Seed exchange is now open for donations until further notice. This is the announcement for the EU only, please do not confuse it with the open donation for the USA. Unfortunately we cannot serve members outside the EU.

Please send your donation to:

Martin Bohnet

Ludwigstr. 1

73035 Göppingen    (you can also write Goeppingen)

Germany

You can send seed as well as bulbs. Please do only send clean and healthy material and label your donation with the botanical name of the plant/seed and your name as a donor so that your donations can be referred to you.

Every donor will receive credit to cover postage. But please do not use unnecessarily expensive forms of postage.

As we have done before, we ask you again to pre-pack your seed donation into 5 portions, enough to raise a good potful of seedlings. For very rare seed or those in short supply there should not be less than 3 to 5 seeds per packet. If you have plenty and you think that there may be high demand, you can add a larger portion as a reserve for Martin to fill more envelopes if necessary. Pre packing is voluntary, of course, but it helps considerably to reduce Martin's workload. Seed envelopes are available free of charge from Martin.

Bulbs should not be pre-packed but sent in one well labelled bag, preferably paper and not plastic.

You will be informed through the same channels once the donation time window will close and ordering starts.

Please make up your mind if you want Martin to send your future order trackable. This will increase your expense for postage by 3 US $ on top of the postage. We are asking because with the joint bulb order from South Africa there was some headache with delayed parcels  from Martin to southern Europe. Tracking does not really speed up delivery (I wish it did....) but this way at least you know the whereabouts of your parcel. I will repeat this question once the ordering will start. We always try to keep expenses as low as possible so it is your choice.

As we have received this question with every EU BX so far: Please do not hesitate to donate material of plants you might not find worth donating. As long as you enjoy a particular plant yourself, someone else will as well. A common plant in one country may be a rarity in another one. So far we have never turned down a donation.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, Uli, in case of questions

Uli and Martin
Uli
Algarve, Portugal
350m elevation, frost free
Mediterranean Climate

Martin Bohnet

Dear EU-Members,

Donations for the fall exchange are coming along well, we already have more than 100 positions NOT counting the Château Pérouse catalogue, so I'm inclined to open the first distribution soon. If you have any further additions which can NOT wait until late September / early October for distribution, please drop me a note as soon as possible, best before the end of Thursday the 5th.
Don't worry, we'll accept further donations for about another month, this deadline only applies to everything that has be part of the first round of EX09.

Martin (pronouns: he/his/him)