The Mary Sue Ittner Grant for Bulb Research is an annual competitive grant available to PBS members to find any aspect of basic research, field-work, conservation, and horticultural discoveries that are geared towards "bulbs". Any plant(s) that fits the definition of a bulb as defined by the PBS Wiki will qualify.
Calls for applications are usually made in Spring of each year.
Application for 2016
Due date: April 15, 2016
- Evan Eifler: Geissorhiza (Iridaceae), not just another pretty flower, an evolutionary epic waiting to be told
- Mariano Saviello: Studies and tissue culture of the endangered Habranthus sanavirone
- Cody Howard: The evolutionary history of the Ledebouriinae (Asparagaceae, Scilloideae)
- No applications received
- Jonathan Hutchinson: "A proposal to study Scadoxus nutans in habitat"
- Cody Howard: "Ledebouria scabrida a Namibian endemic?"